Anjali M. Bhorade, MD
Associate Professor, Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
Patients Seen At: (314) 362-3937
Fax: (314) 362-3725
- B.A.: Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, 1995
- Medical Degree: University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, 1999
- Residency: Opthalmology, University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary, Chicago, Illinois, 2003
- Fellowship: Glaucoma, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, Florida, 2004
Licensure and Board Certification
- Diplomat, American Board of Ophthalmology, 2005
Honors and Awards
- Clarence D. East Award for Best Female Scholar/Athlete, 1991
- Senior Honors Thesis, magna cum laude; Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 1995
- First Place – Psychiatry and Behavioral Science Award for oral
Presentation at the 37th Annual National Student Research Forum, Galveston, TX; “ Social Problem Solving Skills and Exposure to HIV Risk in Urban African-American Preadolescents”, 1996
- First Place – Illinois State Psychiatric Society’s Hazel Mrazek Award of Excellence in Research; Chicago, IL, 1996
- F.A. Beach Comparative Psychology Award, honorable mention (for best paper published in Journal of Comparative Psychology in 1998) “Perception of Scent Over-Marks by Golden Hamsters. Novel mechanisms for determining which individual’s mark is on top”, 1998
- Listed in Best Doctors in America, 2013 (Best Doctors, Inc.)
- Bhorade AM, Perlmutter MS, Wilson B, Kambarian J, Chang S, Pekmezci M, Gordon M. Differences in vision between clinic and home and the effect of lighting in older adults with and without glaucoma. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2013 Dec;131(12):1554-62.
- Gardiner SK, Demirel S, De Moraes CG, Liebmann JM, Cioffi GA, Ritch R, Gordon MO, Kass MA; Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study Group. Series length used during trend analysis affects sensitivity to changes in progression rate in the ocular hypertension treatment study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013 Feb 15;54(2):1252-9.
- Pekmezci M, Chang ST, Wilson BS, Gordon MO, Bhorade AM. Effect of measurement order between right and left eyes on intraocular pressure measurement. Arch Ophthalmol. 2011 Mar;129(3):276-81.
- Mwanza JC, Bhorade AM, Sekhon N, McSoley JJ, Yoo SH, Feuer WJ, Budenz DL. Effect of cataract and its removal on signal strength and peripapillary retinal nerve fiber layer optical coherence tomography measurements. J Glaucoma. 2011 Jan;20(1):37-43.
- Bhorade AM, Wilson BS, Gordon MO, Palmberg P, Weinreb RN, Miller E, Chang RT, Kass MA; Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study Group. The utility of the monocular trial: data from the ocular hypertension treatment study. Ophthalmology. 2010 Nov;117(11):2047-54.
- Thompson JN, Chang ST, Bhorade AM. Non-Invasive Couching Technique to Treat a Morgagnian Cataract Causing Bullous Keratopathy. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2010 May 5:1-3.
- Bhorade AM, Gordon MO, Wilson B, Weinreb RN, Kass MA; Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study Group. Variability of intraocular pressure measurements in observation participants in the ocular hypertension treatment study. Ophthalmology. 2009 Apr;116(4):717-24.
- Bhorade AM. The monocular trial controversy: a critical review. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2009 Mar;20(2):104-9. Review.
- Traube DE, Chasse KT, McKay MM, Bhorade AM, Paikoff R, Young SD. Urban African American Pre-Adolescent Social Problem Solving Skills: Family Influences and Association with Exposure to Situations of Sexual Possibility. Soc Work Ment Health. 2007 May 1;5(1-2):101-119.
- Lin AY, Bhorade AM, Sugar J, Duffy MT, Edward DP. Neoplastic corneal pannus in sebaceous cell carcinoma. Arch Ophthalmol. 2004 Sep;122(9):1402-3. No abstract available.
- Bhorade AM, Edward DP, Goldstein DA. Ciliary body melanocytoma with anterior segment pigment dispersion and elevated intraocular pressure. J Glaucoma. 1999 Apr;8(2):129-33