Andrew J. W. Huang, MD, MPH
Professor, Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
Office Phone: (314) 362-0403
Patients Seen At: (314) 362-3937
Fax: (314) 362-3725
Click here for Dr. Huang lab website
- Medical Degree: School of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, 1981
- MPH: School of Hygiene and Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, 1982
- Residency: Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, 1990
- Fellowship: Cornea and External Disease Service, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, 1991
Licensure and Board Certification
- Ophthalmology -- Certified
- State of Florida (ME 054917), 1989
- State of California (A052029), 1992
- State of Minnesota (42658), 2000
- State of Missouri (24440), 2007
- State of Illinois (036.119197), 2007
Honors and Awards
- Dean’s List and Book Coupon Scholarship, National Taiwan University, 1974-81
- Best Intern Award, National Taiwan University Hospital, 1981
- Graduation with Honors, School of Hygiene and Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, 1982
- NEI-ARVO Travel Fellowship, 1986
- Pharmacia Travel Fellowship, 1986
- Professor of theYear, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, 1992, 2000
- Honor Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 1997
- Lyon Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 2000
- Best Faculty Teaching Award, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 2001, 2007
- Medical Faculty Award, ORBIS International, New York, New York, 2004
- Gold Medal, Eye Advance 2006, Mumbai, India, 2006
- US FDA Advisory Committee Service Award, Ophthalmic Devices Panel, 2009
- Senior Achievement Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2010
- Han YP, Sim AJ, Vora SC, Huang AJ. A unique TGFBI protein in granular corneal dystrophy types 1 and 2. Curr Eye Res. 2012 Nov;37(11):990-6.
- Han YP, Sim AJ, Vora SC, Huang AJ. Unique TGFBI protein in lattice corneal dystrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011 Oct 28;52(11):8401-6.
- Huang AJ, Brown JS, Boyko EJ, Moore EE, Scholes D, Walter LC, Lin F, Vittinghoff E, Fihn SD. Clinical significance of postvoid residual volume in older ambulatory women. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011 Aug;59(8):1452-8.
- Patel DA, Harocopos GJ, Chang SH, Vora SC, Lubniewski AJ, Huang AJ. Novel CHST6 gene mutations in 2 unrelated cases of macular corneal dystrophy. Cornea. 2011 Jun;30(6):664-9.
- Patel DA, Chang SH, Harocopos GJ, Vora SC, Thang DH, Huang AJ. Granular and lattice deposits in corneal dystrophy caused by R124C mutation of TGFBIp. Cornea. 2010 Nov;29(11):1215-22.
- Huang AJ, Moore EE, Boyko EJ, Scholes D, Lin F, Vittinghoff E, Fihn SD. Vaginal symptoms in postmenopausal women: self-reported severity, natural history, and risk factors. Menopause. 2010 Jan-Feb;17(1):121-6.
- Sawaya GF, Iwaoka-Scott AY, Kim S, Wong ST, Huang AJ, Washington AE, Pérez-Stable EJ. Ending cervical cancer screening: attitudes and beliefs from ethnically diverse older women. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009 Jan;200(1):40.e1-7.
- Han YP, Sim AJ, Vora SC, Huang AJ. "Unique TGFBI protein in lattice corneal dystrophy." Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011 Oct 28;52(11):8401-6. Print 2011 Oct